10. Alain Ducasse, au Plaza Athenee (Paris)
To me this restaurant is the portrait of excellence. People say that the look and style of the restaurant is like music and poetry. I believe them.
9. Tetsuya's (Sydney, Australia)
I took one glance at the menu and I was sold. I love the use of seafood throughout and something about it screams innovative.
8. Per se (NYC)
I looooooove restaurants that focus solely on Tasting Menu's. I believe that is the best way of really seeing what a restaurant is all about. Plus, I love the wine menu.
7. La Gavroche (London)
I decided that I wanted to visit this restaurant when I read Marco Pierre White's "Devil in the Kitchen". I want to eat anywhere White has worked.
6. Waterside Inn (UK)
Another Marco Pierre White restaurant.
5. Nobu (London)
I love Japanese food and Nobu Matsuhisa does it the best
4. The French Laundry (California)
Another restaurant focused on Tasting Menu's. I love that it is located in a small building that was built around the turn of the century. I have the french Laundry cook book and I probably use it more than any other book in my possession.
3. Alinea (Chicago, Illinois)
My favorite cookbook that I never ever use. I believe Alinea to be at the forefront of Molecular Gastronomy. In my wildest dreams I cannot even imagine getting hired to work someplace like Alinea. Just the pictures of the food blows my mind.
2. The Fat Duck (UK)
This restaurant used to be named the best in the world. It's currently number 2 and my number 2. I think Heston Blumenthal is an absolute genius. This is another restaraunt that is definitely paving the way for Molecular Gastronomy and is doing a damn good job of it.
1. El Bulli (Spain)
To me, El Bulli is the best restaurant in the world. Another that only in my wildest dreams could I possibly work here. It is a 3 Michelin Star restaurant run by Chef Ferran Adria.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment